PAEDIATRIC FIRST AID
This two-day course is designed for those who require a basis for providing basic First Aid to children in an emergency situation. It is designed to assist participants in the treatment of minor accident/incident injuries and life saving skills.
Description and definition of the function of a First Aider, this includes what he/she can or cannot do safely and competently in the event of an accident or emergency.
The course includes an overview of:
• Scene assessment including personal and casualty safety.
• Identification as far as possible the mechanism or nature of the injury or illness
• Arrange for medical help if required
• Prioritising treatment
• Life threatening conditions, Asphyxia, Respiratory Arrest, Cardiac Arrest
• CPR including practical (Infant & Child)
• Foreign Body Airway Obstruction (Infant & Child)
• Unconsciousness / Head injuries / Spinal Injuries
• Eye Injuries
• Burns and poisoning
• Medical emergencies
Maximum number of participants: 10 people
T: 094 9027587
M: 085 1391119
Copyright © 2008 Abaris Training Ltd.
Abaris Training Ltd.